Hi everyone! Welcome to my website!
Since we’re still getting to know each other, I thought I’d start with ten random facts about myself, in no particular order. Here goes!
1. Jeans are, and always will be, my wardrobe staple.
2. Once, at a restaurant in NYC, I sat at a table across from a table where Alan Rickman was sitting and next to a table where Martha Stewart was sitting. My Harry Potter-loving, party-planning self was in heaven. I tried not to fangirl like crazy, but Snape!
3. I like my name, but I don’t like it when people try to convince me it should be something different. These conversations usually go something like this:
Hostess: Name for the reservation?
Hostess: *furrows brow* You mean Gina, right?
Me: No, it’s Gia.
Hostess: Really? *pause* You want me to put down Gina instead?
This happens more than you’d think.
4. I once performed in the halftime show of a Washington Redskins game.
5. I have an odd obsession with holiday wrapping paper. I own enough to wrap all of my Christmas presents for probably the next 5 years, but every season I buy more. Why do I do this?
6. A word I think is fun to say: effervescent. A word that makes me shudder: moist. Unless you’re talking about cake, nothing good is associated with that word.
7. I hate belts. In fact, hate might not be a strong enough word for how I feel about belts. I have no rational explanation for this.
8. Chocolate. Every day.
9. I love to travel. Just some of the places on my to-be-visited list: Australia, Tahiti, Cinque Terre in Italy.
10. I don’t like horror movies. They scare the crap out of me. I jump so much the popcorn literally goes flying, and that’s just a waste of a perfectly good snack.